Thursday, April 21, 2005

Thanksgiving

Went to Infant Jesus Church today. Waded through the throng of pilgrims to reach the shrine. Heads are bowed in prayer. There are Christians and other denominations among the faithful. I watch them, my prayers forgotten. What are they praying for. I wonder. Wealth, health, peace of mind???? How many are actually thanking God for all the good fortune that he has put in their lives. A roof over the head, food to eat, security and love of a family, healthy limbs and minds and jobs. Everybody (including me)are praying more more wealth, more jobs, more houses and more of everything. This happens in every church, temple, mosque and Gurudwara I guess. Thanksgiving is a forgotten part of worship these days.

4 comments:

Anijo said...

how many of us really thank anyone for anything? yeah sure we all say "thank you" but how many times have we REALLY thanked someone?

Pradeep Nair said...

A very interesting thought. You are right, we need to count our blessings, before we ask for more.

Jiby said...

hey saw ur comment on mine...u were really brief and to the point with this post...enjoyed reading ur blog.

silverine said...

Anijo:I get ur point, but I think I hit the jackpot when I was born with all limbs and my faculties intact. Thank you God!

Pradeep:: yes we need to count our belssings more.

Jiby:: I have really liked your blogs. Straight from the heart and that is why I left a comment.